Thursday, May 31, 2012

Some training and the Masters Nationals.

5/31/2012 10:30:48 AM -

Thursday Am Upper and Dirty Brown Brown


Wed am cardio. 1 hour stepmill interrupted 3 times by crazy employees wife calling me at 445am, 505am and 515am. I did not know who it was at first until I was in the shower on the 515am when it rang for 12 or 15 rings before I got to it. At first I thought it was a client who calling to say she was not going to be there which I had figured out already, but it turned out to ba a employees' wife looking for her husband which I have no idea about.

Thur am upper. With the holiday and flying in on Monday, I did no uppper work and Wed was a crap day so nothing go done there either and so it was Thur am
-Started with some machine pulls using the two handles, one for 10 reps and the other for 5-8 supersetted. 8 rounds.
-Bench Press by 8s, 135,165,195,225,255,305,315
-Incline dumbells presses 50lbx25 supersetted with standing one arm dumbell raises x 20 per arm. 5 rounds
-dips with sling shot for 80 straight then 20 more.
-took sling off and did 1 set to failure.

The Masters Nationals turned into a giant suck fest for Mike and Rick with both bombing out. The meet itself is always good as Garry Franks always has a good show. Not really much to talk about there.Lots of good people there and it was fun talking to everyone. Now the drinking, that is another story.

Pretty much everyone wanted to drown out the awful day of their lifting. We always have the manadatory bottles of Captain Morgan and this time we rolled out the Black Label version. Our Daschall Hamlett scholar bomb out RIck only drinks from the bottles with corks in them. I think it is easier to put the cork in when you are drunk then the screw top is his real reasoning.

Drinking began immediately post Mike bombing on the bench. I procurred one of their pedialyte bottles as it was no long in need for the meet and mixed one of many Capt'in drinks with a alcohol ratio of 3 parts rum and 1 part diet coke which pretty much melts in the rum.

THe only thing on tv all weekend was women's softball and being that they were women in most cases we watched and commented as men do. After killing enough time about large booty's and questionable genders it was off to dinner. We invited a couple of chaps from Detroit to go with us to eat but I don't remember if I warned them of anything else that might happen.

Honestly dinner was sort of blur as the rum and beer smashed my brain cells quickly. It was apparent though that our restaurant of choice had its own choice of wait staff. The only problem with this was whether we would find a strip club of our liking. In Baton Rouge, not much is open on Sunday but ONE place was and our waiter was nice enough to give us a addy. The name of the clus was.... Kittens a black strip club. I don't really care either way as it is a strip club to go to when you are outof town.

Now, Detroit Dudes go with us and I know they have no idea what I will get anyone into but the first thing is when we walked in the door and it was like Animal House when the white kids walk in the black club and the music stops and everyone stares. We plop down by the stage which is tiny and right there in your face level so you don't miss anything. At first it is alittle akward and nobody really comes by to wait on us but we are staying and that changes when the cash comes out. Then we have girls in our laps and drinks on the table.

Since the entertainment ws so close it was easy to have some fun. I got alot of ones and began wading them up and throwing them onto the stage. I then remember thinking I liked the rainmaker idea andjust began throwing a buncg of dollars onstage like a video. I also turned from the stage and threw some over my shoulder like I was wishing for luck. I am not sure why I did this. I also had some terrible dance I did but only bits of that are coming back. All in all this made up for some of the bad day for the guys who enjoyed the entertainment.

Spud

5/26/2012 8:13:14 AM -

Friday work before heading to Masters Nationals.


Saturday 10 laps sleds



Friday Double up

-Upper session 1
-close grip lat pulls 8x10
-band push downs green for 5 reps and purplr for 20 reps x 2 supersets x 5 rounds
-one arm curls working up to 65x6 per arm from 20lb
-hammer one arm alternating press worked up to 2.5 plates per side with a 15 sec hold on the left side at the end of each set for 3 sets
-pec cable flyes 7x10

Lower session 2
-All prowler 3 laps descending weight each set.
-Lap 1 70lb per arm. 30 sec shove with 30 sec recovery walk.
-Lap 2 45lb per arm. 45 sec shove with 45 sec walk
-Lap 3 25ln per arm with 60 sec shove, 60 sec walk.


Rick and Mike are doing the Masters this weekend so I am heading to Baton Rouge to help out and bs with everyone. Looking forward to some fun and hopefully a stury or two when I get back.

No comments: