Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Monday Night and tues/wed am cardio stuff

We got a new comp bench in on Monday so of course we had to test it out. I had the liftoff platform extended for extra tea bagging and the pad widened to 14 inches. The material on the pad makes you stick like a champ with no need for stickum at all. Zero sliding which means more leg drive. The bench was awesome but my day suck as the am cardio smashed me, then I did 50 mins more on the stairmaster.
Raw two board-315x3,365x3,405x3, 455x3, 315x8 off chest.
Swiss bar/football bar. Just got this in too and wnated to try it out. Did close grip tricep with 225x8x4 sets-This bar works great as a poor man's log press so I did overhead presses supered with hammer curls using the swiss bar4 sets of each at 10 reps or so.
Monday night sucked ass as we had a bunch of storms that knocked the power out in out neighborhood. I was hoping the power would be back on when I got home after training at 9pm but it was not. The flashlight was waiting by the door along with my salad. I don't know if youhave tried to eat in the dark after training but it ain't fun especailly with a salad. So after half of it landed on me while I sweated even more I tried to go to bed. When you are on a diet and you have your metabolism reveved up as high as it will go, you are a sweating machine even with the ceiling fan, regualr fan and a/c hitting you. I was already pissed and very tired but I laid down for about half ahour and just sweated in the 100 degree SC night time humidity. THe sheets were soaked so I decided to take a cold shower thinking that would help. It cooled me off some so I tried to lay down again and the sweat just started pouring again. I then packed all my stuff up and went back to the gym at 1130pm. No way I could take it all night long. Well the gym is hot too except when you turn on one ac unit int he spin room. I cranked the ac, grabbed severall mma pads, laid them onthe floor and then got 4 or 5 yoga blankies. With the door shut in the spin room, it was like 50 degrees in 10 mins. AWESOME. Although uncomfortable all night on the mats, I still slept till 4 when it was time to get up and get ready for cardio. The only dreams I remember were of people peeping in the spin room window and waking me up. Strange.

Tues-stepmill 1 hour, took a break, trained some people then did 50 more mins after that

Wed am 9 laps with the sled 3plates. 4 backwards and 5 forwards. My feet and hips hurt but I decided to sprint with the sled about half way round. Lots of kicking and arm swinging which it felt like I was sprinting for 5 minutes straight but it was only 50 or 60 yard. Felt a slight twinge like I was going to puke but it wnet awaay quick. Down to 215 now.

No comments: