Monday, April 20, 2009

Several Training Posts.

Saturday
Sat-no cardio
Sunday 1 hour stepmill
Monday 30 mins stepmill


Terrible day squatting is about all I can say. I gorged on Friday night on doughnuts and chocolate and did no cardio on Saturday morning. The gorging has helped me to have a better day training in the past and I thought it would be the same here. The plan was to do a couple of singles with the suit on at 1000 plus. This was not to be. I warmed up good and took my time. I worked up to 775x1 with briefs on and then suited for 865x1 with the straps down. I then jumped straight to 1005.I made three single attempts with it. Each rep was extremely hard to get out of the rack. The first one was barely a quarter squat so. The secnod was better and litlle deeper but I picked it up too high on my trap. The third was was much better and came up fast. Still high though.
-3 sets of rev hyper
-300lb chain 1/3mile for punishment

My suits need some tightening here and there but I will have to ride with them one more week and then deload. I have to go to the Master's Nationals in two weeks to help the guys out so I will be




Wednesday and Thursday
Wednewday cardio-30 mins stepper
Thursday 30 minis stepmill
Friday 1 hour stepmill

Wed Training
-Speed somewhat pulls off floor raw. 495x5,545x5x3 sets all with hook gripNot much to say on this. Some good, some bad
.-Rev hyper 4x10
-One legged assisted pistols 3x8 per leg
-4 sets leg extensions

Thursday pump work
-3 sets hangin abs
-3 sets of dumbell obliques
-slight incline dumbells presses 65sx20,80sx20,105sx20,125sx25
-rollin dumbell triceps 65sx10x5 sets then one set for 20 reps-ez curls for 3sets-cable curls 3 sets
-seated rows using reb hyper with band attached for weight and used upper body strap to pull with.



Monday Night of a thousand shirt changes
With no cardio and good eating all day long, I went into training thinking I would have a good day. Well, it was not. My 56 is not fitting on the sleeves with the arms jacked so I had to just pull it on. The sleeves are alittle long and slide down the first set of 635x1/two board.I had a bunch of elobow pain so I decided to go up to a 58. I slid on easier butis too loose in the chest plate. I got 725x1/one board but not like I would like. Not happy, I pulled the 58 off and went back to a 56 and did 725x1/1board harder then the first one. I went one more with a soft pad at 725 and sort of got it so I don't really count it.

THen I decided to do some 4 board with the shirt on and that sucked too 675x1 and some piece reps with a closer grip. Waited a second and tried 600 with the pinky on the ring for 3 I think but I was toast way before this. So I pulled the shirt off and did 405x11 off the softy pad. I am having some of the same problems I had in the past with heavier weights and lockouts so I have to find out how to fix them. Weight is holding at 245 still.

Tuesday-back to the cardio grind with 30mins on the stepmill.


Spud

No comments: