Saturday, November 8, 2008

Monday thru Sat.

-Monday am -3 mins stepmill. Started pushing up the intensity and lowering the time out of boredom I think. I seem to be sabotageing myself and getting to the gym later and later in the am for cardio so I have to make it harder as the 30-35 mins goes fast.

MOnday Pm-Raw work with boards. 315x5 3board, 405x3 2 board, 405x3 1 board, 405x1 off chest. Rep stuff 315x8, 225x20x2
-Band rows for 8 repsx 5 count eccentric, 5 count concentrix x 3 rounds.
-Ab pulldowns 5x8
-Did some fat bar JM presses worked up to 250x5 I think. Tues-35 mins stepmill-Wed am30 mins stepmill

-Wed pm-pulls off boxes right below knees and 3 inches lower. Worked up to 600 sumo hook grip for 1 then two with hand reversed. The sumo wasn't feeling that great so I went back to conventional with a slightly wider stance(my old fat guy conventional stance) for 600x3, then dropped the box 3 inches and did 600x2 or3 then dropped to 500x3 I think

-reverse hypers 3x10
-Saw Dale doing something interestingly painful. He was doing band pull throughs with the band around the neck. So it was banded gm and pull through. I will call it a Dalethru from now on. Smoked me up some. 3x8

Thur am -30min stepmill level 16

Thur pm-Some lame speed presses with minis double d up worked up to 250x5
-I conjured up a way to do dips on the suspension straps using bands since I can't hold myself up like a gymnast. I attached a purple band to eanc hand and put my knees on the band for some assist. Turned out to still be hard but they smoked my delts, pecs and triceps. Several sets all day long as everyone got to enjoy the pain.
-Bent over rows using the 154lb farmer's walk with a purple band looped around the handles and under the feet to add more resistance. 4 setsx8
-Did 4 sets of machine ab crunches, hanging inverse situps and two sets on the lower ab machine.

Friday am-stepmill 35 mins, level 17 at the end.

SaturdayI am working at the store today so I had to get up earlier and get some work in. I came up with 1 round of lunging around the gym, followed by 1 lap of forward chain dragging around the gym, followed by 3 75-100 yard sprints with a 50 yard break in between them. It was a strange thing as my legs felt like they were moving on their own almost out of control. I was moving pretty good but felt I had 1 or 2 more gears I could hit easily but like a fast car or motorcycle I thought I would get out of control and wreck if I went any faster and opted out.Maybe next time.

I issued a challenge to Ross(the 400lb guy who is now down below 250lb) I didn't think he would accept it so quickly but he did. He did 5 laps with the sled with two plates, 1 lap with the 300lb chain and 3 laps with the Prowler and a 45lb plate on each arm. It took him about 1.5 hours I think. Great job on that. I should have stuck to my original plan of 10 laps sled, 1 lap chain and 3 laps prowler. That might have made it alittle harder on him. He is also trying to get on with the Fire Dept. He just did his preliminary PT test. They give you 7 minutes to complete it. I told him he would do it in 6:30. He smashed it in under 3 minutes then the next day beat it by 10 or 15 more seconds. He placed third the first day and second the next I think. Great job is all I can say. I told him he should do a BB show next year because at the rate he is going he will be there by April or May.

No wrecks today
Spud

No comments: