Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tuesday thru Wednesday AM.

Tuesday am -35 mins stepmill
Wed am-30 mins stepmill
Wed pm-We did banded jump stretch pulls off sumo board with chains. Me and Dalen Back Slapper(I will explain this later, for now, he is Just DBS) we used the minis and went up a plate this week with less chain then last week.-225x3,315x3, 405x2-added one chainx3,2 chainx2,3 chainx2,4chainx1,missed 5 chain twice at the top
-rev hypers 3x10

Thursday thru Saturday-No work

Sunday-35 mins stepmill
Monday am-45 mins stepmill
Monday Pm-Raw board work. 315x5/2 board, 405x3x2 sets/2 board
-Quarter dips mixed in with decline bench3 sets of dips, 225x8, 315x8x2 sets on the decline-rear delt pec deck 4 sets x 8 -
tues am-45 mins stepmillWed AM-40 mins stairmaster

Thursday at 530am we were off to Palm beach for the Worlds. DBS, Mike and I flew down and Karl/Barry drove down. I was going to drive but the flight was fairly cheap at 233 out of a town about a hour away. Glad we went that route as we got home around 3pm Saturday.
All of the guys lifted on Friday which made it easier on DBS and I. At first, I thought I could just do it, but they had 2 platforms rolling and of course Mike was on one and Karl/Barry on the other and almost simultainously on the squat and bench.
Subce the Masters, Mike and I had a moment where he needed some motivation on his lifting. I don't usually do this but occasionally I get the vibe that my lifters are focused on the moment of just lifting the weight and are off somewhere else-either worrying about failing, not getting through the meet, etc. In this moment, I usually react with a slap to the back of the head or the face. When I see that beaten down dog look I immediately react. I have had to slap Fatty Tatty once or twice and at the Masters in Baton Rouge I saw tha in MIke. I caught him completely off guard and cracked him good. He got very pissed and reeled around at me and gave me the worst I want to smash your face in look ever. He went up under the bar and smashed it instead and later said he needed that. We made lots of jokes about the look on his face since then. When he gets pissed his eyes almost close and he glares at you like a chained up dog that is mad at you. He also looks like a mini silver back gorilla with all the gray body hair everywhere. Weird I know but it is so.
So we get him out there and I am not feeling the smack thing so far but he looks at me and asks for it. What I think in my head?Allright I go right to it with a nice smack to the head and one to the face I think. He yells, that's enough!!!He gives me the same I hate you He goe out there and hits the lift. The second lift comes around and he changes his tune this time. He is called up and we start to prep him. He gets about 2 inches from my face and says," We are done with that!!, as he bangs me on the chestHe repeats it 4 or 5 times. It takes all I got not to laugh in his face because it is funny. I tell him well go get it then. Don't tell me about it. Go do it. It's a PR bench for him number wise. As he walks around to the bench I move a help lift off from the side and coach.
I peer over and at that moment Dale is smacking Mike on the back and it sounds like a shotgun going off or a really fat kid bellyfloppin' in a pool. Ka-ti-yowwwwww! I laugh on the inside as Dale gets the same look from the mini gorilla as I got but it's too late, the only thing Mike can do is bench. He smashes the lift and is very happy but still angry. It was perfect for the moment. He still gets in my face the rest of the day but the slappin is done.....for now.Dale's new name is Dale Back Slapper and our new theme at SCB is, "We're done with that!!!"

I didn't know mini gorillas existed till now
Spud

No comments: