Monday, March 23, 2009

Lots of training logs to get caught up.

Sorry I haven't put these up in awhile. They are alittle jumbled up but cover the last couple of weeks.


Thursday
Thursday am Hung on for a lame 30 mins on the stepmill

Training-Bunch of pump up work,following Kroc's rope pushdown program to huge pasty and purple guns-Rope pushdown with rope curls(yes I have two sets of ropes at th gym) 3 rounds of 20-25 each. -Rope standing pulldowns 3 rounds of 20 reps-Set up the reverse hypers with a jump ring on the weight rods and got a upper body strap and did overhead tricep ext for 3 rounds of 20 repss-Then loaded up 300lb and did shrugs with the strap by leaning forward then shruging.-Did standing rows with the strap for 3 sets of 25. This was fun and not a I have to train heavy day. Alittle smashed body wise right now. I think the accumulation of training has caught up to me some. Sat is a deload day so I will probablly do a marathon session of cardio with sled and stepmill work and some blood pimpin work. Unfortunately, I don't think I can do any Kroc rope training for lower body.

Wednesday
Tuesday 30 mins stepper
Wed am 30 mins stepper
Training I had big aspirations for pulling this night early in the day. I got to the gym and it did not go as I had imagined it going. It was okay and I could say it better then it was but the body did not give me what I asked of it. Anyhow, after a few warm up I put some briefs on and did 585x1, 675x1(not clean),685x1,635x1, 635x1 all with a hook grip.This was the best part holding that much weight with the hook grip.-One legged squats with the bar as assistance in the hole. 4 sets x6-8 per legs-Rev hypers 3x10


Monday
The days are all blurs now.I use to work for awhile,nap, work for awhile, then train. Now, it is cardio, work, work and then training. That is the way it is now. I am fine with that but focus on training is harder then it used to be. I understand what Dave is talking about when he says it blast or dust. I was in the my own dust phase with training from late August to somewhere in January. I focused on business during that time. Now, I feel the tug between the two as both continue to rise and get better as each day goes by. Both need alot of time and focus. Last night we were using shirts and I was on week two of trying the ACE shirt out. I got up to 725 for a couple of singles sets off the one board. I then went to a 2 board to get a set of 2 in. COmpletely screwed it up and missed it-not even close. At that point, since I had not dealt with much heavy weight since the accident, I was ready to cash out and call it. Sitting there thinking I knew I had to get back in there and do more work-singles just aren't going to do it. I got the four board out and wnet down to 635x5, then 675x5. I called it there and did a few sets of back work. Things are going well but I know if I don't get more work in I will not have the endurance to make it the entire meet, not from a cardio standpoint, just a strength endurance issue.

Saturday
-Sat cardio 30 mins stepmill
Training-Box with cambered and briefs only and two new blues with bands over the top of the plates. 325x2,415x2x2,505x1,555x1. Most of the reps went well. The last one was alittle slow at first but then came up easily. New blues over the plates is 3 regular blues easy. It was good to get alittle more heavy weight on my back.-Rev hypers, 3x12-one legged 45 degree back raises 3x8 per leg. -Sunday and Monday am 30 mins stepper each day

Fat Loss Diaries E-book
PS I will have a Q and A book out in the next couples of weeks featuring all my question from the past 4 or 5 years, articles and a couple of other things tossed in there.



Wednesday and THursday
Wednesday am stpper 30 mins

No Training Wed night.
Thursday am stepmill 30mins
Thursday Training-KB Trio 36s, 53s, 72s x6 eachx 3rounds-One arm barbell curls and tricep overhead extensions 4 rounds x8 per round.-Seated rows 4x8-Came up with a new ab/shoulder that I had done evre before. I took the Spud Suspension Straps and rasied them up to waist level adn put my hand inside the straps. I then leaned out with my arms overhead and on my toes as I went out. Sort of a ab wheel with in the straps. To make it harder I stood on a box for tha last 3 sets. ABout 6-8 on each set.

Friday am stepmill 30 mins





Monday
MOnday Training-Put the Ace Bench on for a few sets. I have not had a shirt on in months so I did not know what to expect. Did raw work up to 405x3 off 1 board. Put the shirt on and went straight to 585x1 or 2 off the 3 board. Then 675x1,675x2,675x1 again off the 2 board. The 2nd set number 2 rep was flaky and rose up over my face. All in all, I was pleased with the first night back in a shirt. Will work it to a 1 board next week and see if I can hit some doubles.-Jm type extension using the blast straps 3x8-Rows using same handles and heels up on box 4x8Tuesday am stepmill 30 mins





Saturday
Friday am 30 mins stepmill
Saturday am 30 ins stepmill
Sunday 30 mins stepper

Saturday Training-Buff bar squats off box with briefs. We used two new blues per side with one band over the top of two plates and the other band regular just on the bar. Worked up to 415x2x2,505x2, 595x1-Rev hypers 3x8-Dragged the small chain around the gym some forwards and some backwards. Monday am- no cardio slept in some. I figured after two straight weeks of cardio with no break that today was a good day to give my calves a break.

No comments: