Friday, March 27, 2009

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday 30 mins stepper
Thursday 30 mins stepmill
Friday 30 mins stepmill

Training -I have to go to my son Fatty Tatty's wedding Saturday so we had to change the squat to Wed. The other guys suited and I did a free squat with briefs only(russian sort of)Started with 700x5,750x3,800x3 w/knee wraps, 855x3 w knee wraps. Most were normal Spud depth but a couple of the 850 were good. I have not had any really heavy regualr weight on the back so I was very pleased with the effort.
-Rev hypers 4x10
-Ab work 3x8

Thursday Training-All pump up stuff. 4 rounds of rope pushdown and rop curls x25 reps and mixed with hanging abs x8 per set-Standing rows with ropes 4 roundsx25 reps-Band chest flyes 4x20(purple)-Purple band standing rotators foe 4x20

Jar Jar Gump went out and broke my chain record(300lb chain pulled 1/3 mile with a upper body strap) by 20 seconds or so at 9 min 41 secs. I had loaded up on a new suped up Dirty(no product made here in columbia) and was still jacked so I went out and took my record back by 22 seconds with several stops. If I had to do it, I could probablly get it down to 8 min 30 or 8:45 but I doubt I will worry about that.It will give everyone something to strive for. I can't wait to see the look on Jar Jar's face when he is told I broke it already.

The main bet is with Jean Claude. He is a french lebanese engineer that has been coming to the gym for 10 plus years. He is thin and harry and has been wearing the same tank tops for 10 years as well. Ten years ago when we were doing 9 plus laps a week with the wheelbarrow(a plain one from Lowes with 250-300lb of rock in it), we thought we were tough guys. One day, Jean Claude started talking about it and showhow i challenged him on it. I said you will never get around the building(1/3 mile) without setting it down. The entire time I had done it, I had only made it around once without setting it down. Don was the only one who I had seen make it without putting it down. claude is weak and could barely box squat 250lb. so I thought this a easy challenge. I bet him 25 bucks he could not do it. Don and the Angry Troll jumped in and placed wagers on this bet. Jean Claude and all 165lbs on him accepted.

We got the wheelbarrow out for him. He grabbed it without chalking up and set off. Don put the 25bucks in his back pocket half hanging out and ran in front of him saying come on claude you can do it while slapping the 25bucks hanging out of his pocket. we all laughed and giggled. The first leg was uphill and claude did it no problem. No sagging, slippin or rejustments. The seond leg is a long uphill grade. His shoulders sagged some but still no readjusments. I thought he would put it down somewhere in here. He kept rollin' but you could see his fingers startin' to give some. I followed him to make sure it did not scrape the ground like the ref on Caddyshack at the end where he never took his eyes off the ball and all the explosions went off around him. The legs bobbed up and down about a inch or two from the ground. His face was contorted with pain as his forearms and hands cramped. As he round the last leg, I realized he was going to make it whether his arms fell off or not. We were all slient as he pulled the wheelbarrow to the finish line, stopped, looked at us(we looked like the three stooges), held it for a few more seconds and that was it. He then proceeded to lay on the pavement for 30 mins.

We all gathered our monies and gifts we put up still with astonishment. He lookded at us and said, "I do not want anything,Pacos." Beating you was my prize.

Back to the new bet. The chain is 300lb and you have to pull it around the 1/3 track around the gym and Claude has to pull it in less then 10mins. This all started after I pulled in in 10 mins the other week and then they started ragging him. The bet is up to 400 bucks or so. The first thing I said to the guys was my money is on Claude.

Never bet against the house
Spud

No comments: