Friday, February 5, 2010

THursday and BS

Friday, some figure chick was on my stepmill so I had to use the stepper for 30.

Thursday
-Hammer pullover and Chest supported rows
4 rounds each 8 reps. 4plates on both hammer row arms and 3 plates on the chest
-Took the stump straps and did incline. Took dave's cluster set info from last week and did 135bar weight and a 45lb on each stump strap for 225 total. The plan was 10 sets of 5 with 10to 15 secs rest. I managed five sets, then it dropped to 3 and 4. WIth stump straps, I had lots at activity. The weight was light, but my arms and chest just stopped with the shorter rest range and stump strap set up.
-Used a seated curls machine with two weight stacks, turned to face the pad and did over head tricep ext supered with a pec flye movement from the bottom. 4x10 each
-Attached stump straps to hammer machine and did 4 more sets of one arm then 3 set of putting the straps together.
-The hammer machine works well for one arm rotation work using the stump straps too. 3x10 per side.


Ok, so for about 6 months now, we have not had a ice machine at the gym. I have been looking for awhile. For some reason they die quickly. THe first time I bought one it was a grand and lasted one year dying right after the warranty. I then bought a cheap counter versoin that lasted 6 months. Frustrated and not wanting to drop a grand again, I have beeen searching. I found one that needed worked and a guy owed me so he fixed it as best he could. He does not work on ice machines, just hvac. So the ice machine ran but would not make ice.

One of the old dudes loves his shake after training and has been brining his own ice for awhile now. While bringing the ice, there are always several ice machine jokes to go with it. I keep telling him I am working on it.

After finally getting this one and it not working he gives me a company name. It is a familiar name for some reason that I would figure out later. He thinks its a 60 dollars service call plus parts. I decide its worth the money tosee if they can get it working. I get the name and its a company i used like 6 or 7 years ago to replace a compressor in a cooler. They did the work but killed me on the bill. I remembered this after calling and setting the appt. The guy gets there and works on it for a hour and some change. The only problem was the knob was turned up to high causing it to run constantly and freeze up and the nozzles that spray water for ice are clogged up some. He gets it working and I am happy.

The strange part is its the same tech as 6 or 7 years ago. I try not to judge but he is shady looking and acting so it is hard. We have small talk and the company was going ot bill me but I wanted to pay it right away so he goes and figures a bill. I look at and freak out. 200 bucks for a 1 hour 20 mins of work and no parts!! I ask the dude cause its say 2.5 hours of labor on it. They chage me a our for his trip. I know where the place is located because it is right down from Fattys gym downtown. It takes 15minutes to get from my gym to there so I am gettting screwed there too. THe tech offers a hour hour reduction on time.

I tell the guy I will call the office and talk with the guy so he leaves. I get the guy on the phone and he immediately goes into jackass mode. We go back and forth, I have been in business for 10 years and he says 35 and how he has to pay his tech 20 a hour plus benefits blah, blah. I ask for a reduction because there is no parts and it is only 30 minutes drive time, 45 minutes tops total there and back with really bad traffic. He refuses because its pissing match time to him and anytime you get that defensive you are in the wrong at least to a degree. He keeps rattling on and I finally say I dont stick it up my customers ass like that and then I add in the fact that he stuck it up my ass the last time and that I only used him on a recommendation. He goes on even more and just says pay the bill and use us or not.

Now, you think I would have learned this the first time or the second time with another company when they charged me 5 hours, 2.5 for the tech and 2.5 for his the flunky HELPER AT 75 a hour(I did not pay for the flunky in the end) but no I had to make it a third time with this one. I do not mind paying for services. They did a service adn should get paid. You just don't have to stick it to people is what I am saying or at least be totally honest with the customer as you are making the appt so they understand and can make a choice. I am in the wrong for not asking too. I jsut assumed people would do the right thing and some people just arent going to do that and they will sneak one by you if they can.

In the end, I am responsible I know. Buyer beware adn all that bs. I am not blaming anyone at all. But you do not have to do these things. The guy who tried to charge me 75 a hour for the flunky helper lost all his people with the downturn and is now all by his self. This guy was a referal too and I train the guy who refered him. He runs his business like I do. Its all upfront. The guy asked him one day why he didnt refer anymore business to him and he told him, you screwed my friend over. The guy got pissed and stormed off. Karma will get you.

I will pay this dude sooner or later...much later..and NO REFERAL FOR YOU!!

SPud

No comments: