Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monday..

Monday AM-30 mins stairmaster

Monday PM-Raw bench with doubled purples. worked up to 225x3x2sets, 275x3, 315x2, 275x4. This was much better then last week when I barely got 315 for 1. I could have done another at 315 but I did not want a grinder was that is not what I am after right now.

-green band front raises 3x10
-Lat Assassin bar pulldowns 4x10

-Face pulls 3x8.

Tues cardio 30 mins stepmill

We have a guy that has been training with us for over a year now. He has come a really long way in his training and posted some good numbers at his last meet. He is spastic in his lifting but not the seizures we see when the Old Man lifts. When he first started we were all afraid to spot him because at any time his shoulder would quit and the bar would just drop with no warning or if we were squatting and the bar would just fall off his back with 2 or 3 bands on each size. He has since gotten way better and done well in my opinion.


The only other thing is he was really shy and would sit in the corner by himself and jsut come over to lift and then go back to the corner until the guys started complaining that he was not helping load, spot, help out like the rest of us. I wanting to bring him into the group would yell at him to help out and in general mess with him to loosen him up. He would reluctantly help out and look at me through peering eyes that was often creepy. I did not notcie it at first till the guys said to me one night, :if you keep messin' with him, he is going to kill you" i thought his was funny so I started calling him Desi(his real name) Dalmer because he looked like a serial killer when he would look at you and the whole hiding in the corner thing was just weird. I intensified my barage on him and he loosed up some. A few months went by and he started helping out alot and getting generally excited.

Now, he is still sits in the corner but interjects and helps and has made great progress. From time to time, (I did not notice this), he would be in a real good mood and very happy with the same slits in his eyes but happy and laughing. I just thought he was getting comfortable with us till one night I mentioned it to the cops. They look at me and say he is high as a kite and that when they pass his car it smelled like pot. They are okay with it but it caught me off guard and I realized that I had not payed that close attention to him on that. I was just happy he was having a good time lifting and making progress. I also don't keep things back very well and lately I have taken to calling him Snoop Dog Spakoli. A mix of Snoop doggy dog and Sean Penn's character from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I guess if I need some weed, it won'e be too far away. That or I will end up the freezer as Spud Steaks adn no one will know what happened to me except for Snoop Dog Spakoli.

Take a hit of the potion. Hit the 3 wheel motion..Ice Cube
Spud

No comments: