Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year logs

I will start by saying nothing happened New Year's Eve as I passed out in my chair at 830am and was suggested heavily to go to bed at 930am. I did no traininc this day as I was at the store all day and we closed the gym down early. A easy way out I know. I did do my cardio though to help keep my weight under control with 40 mins on the stepmill.

New Year's Day
-MOre cardio of 45 mins on the stepmill. I trained a couple clients then did a nice pump up routine since no one showed up to train.
-Purple band cable flyes 5x15 reps-green band shoulder presses 4x 8 per arm
-Used the new lat assassin lat bar and did 6 sets x 8 reps per set.
-Ab wheel on the treadmill. ONe of our customers called in to order some things and then suggested this as a ab exercise. I never would have put them together but they are tough. Turn the treadmill on slow with no grade. Start on the knees as normal. Go out as far as you can and hold as long as you can then come back. Do for 3 -5 rounds. You can also twist side to side on the treadmill to make it harder. If you really want to make it hard, start in a full pushup position and then go out as far as you can go. They didn't think I could do it, so I had to show them what strong abs are as I fully extended my arms then came back up. It hurt like hell but you go to pony up when called to the mat.
-Seated dumbell rotator 25 per side time four rounds.

Friday-40 mins stairmaster

saturday-45mins stepmill
-Buffalo bar box squats with lots of chains(we used the Spud ince EZloader, if you don't have these, you are making your life hard, I swear. Since my immediate weight gain of 15 lbs since the holidays, my briefs were very tight and I had to go up a size. I am sticking to my plan of percentage work for now with little breaking away of protocol. I started with-415x2 with 3 chains per side, 5 chains per side x2 reps, 7 chains x 2 reps, 9 chainx2 reps, 11 chains per sidex 2 reps. Karl was rolling with 5 plates so I bumped it up to 5 plates with 11 chain x 2 reps. Then back down to 4 platesx 2.
-one legged pistol squats with some assistance. each leg x3 reps, 5 reps, 8 reps, 10 reps. The right is super easy but the left is alittle slow.
-Rev hypers 3x15

Sunday-45 mins on the stepmill


If you did not get the Elite Newsletter, we finally released the ebook and hard copy of "THe Fat Loss Diaries" by me and Shelby. Lots of great laughs and good information on carb cycling, cardio planning and how to avoid the pitfalls of weight loss and keeping it off. Here is the link
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=370&pid=2941

or if you want a hard copy go to Spudincstraps.com


Thanks and have a wonderful New Year
Spud

No comments: