Monday, January 19, 2009

Saturday Training and some

Saturday Training and some
Saturday Am-30 mins stepmill. I have a new challenger on the stepmill. He is my Forrest Gump/Jar Jar Brinks gym member. For years he has been entertaining the gym with his dry humor and doing the EXACT same training routines for 10 years now. He then walks up to me(at least once a week) and tells me how Joe Weider's muscle confusion principle made him who is is today and that if I want to get strong and big I should do that or his squats are the deepest in the gym and he should be on the board. HIs squats hit higher then a 1/4 squat and look more like a good morning then a squat. Or he will walk up and tell me about this new awesome song on his ipod that is going to be a hit and he will hand me the ear plug and it will be Boston or Steve Miller Band from 30 years ago. Anyhow, Jar Jar has some PT for the Army Reserve or something like that so he is doing alot of Stepmill to get in shape. He does thirty minutes on Level 10 or 12 and says Spud I am coming to beat you! My record is 1 hour 50 minutes so it maybe awhile. He then says well I do the manual which is constant and no break so I did level 8 or 9 just playing around for 45 mins. So now everyday I see him huffing and puffing trying to beat my record. I tell him, "You can't beat me Jar Jar" in my Arnold voice. Jar Jar continues on. I have no idea how I did the hour 50 before. I could not do it now without alot of motivation but I tell him I can do it anytime just to aggravate him.
TrainingTraining was really good. I have not felt that good or fast in quite sometime. We did box squats with 2 blues(circa work). 3platesx2,414x2x2,505x2
-Rack pulls 4 or 5 inches below the knees. Worked up to 500x5x2 sets
-Reverse Hypers 3x15-Ab work 4 setsx8 reps

Sunday-30 mins stairmaster

Monday am-30 mins stairmaster

May Jar Jar Gump bring you many laughs
SPud

No comments: