Tuesday, December 8, 2009

MOnday

Tuesday 35 mins stepmill. Reading Manthropology by Peter Mcallister. I was offered this by one of teh guys at the gym who has way too much test and anger rolling through him. He is the guy who I named " the angriest guy I know" at our deadlift contest back in October and he thought that wa great. I did not know if I would enjoy it, but it is a really good read on how whimpy and soft man had become over time.

Training
-Standing incline press. Wanted to do something alittle different and never done incline like this before. I put a giant soft pad on the incline bench. I had this idea that I would get more leg drive or a better base to push off of-wrong. These were alot harder, less stability, less alot of things on a regular incline. Worked up to 315x5x5sets
-Got cold while listening to the guys arguing on how to seperate the groups based on strength levels. In the end we dont have enough guys to seperate out. After that, did some dumbells 80sx10 repsx10 sets with 15 to 20 seconds rest per set.
-Stump Strap seated rows THis requires no grip as the pressure is on the back of the hand with not much griping envoled. 5 or 6 sets adding two light bands around the stacks x 10reps per set.
-Strung a light band at eye level across the power rack and alternated one arm curls with one arm tricep extension. For example, 5 curls, 5 tri, 5 curl, 5 tri, 5 curl, 5 tri for one setx 3 rounds. THen did two hand overhead tricep ext for 100reps without reps.


Spud

No comments: