Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Post week bloat

I recieved lots of warning about post meet bloat and being careful about my eating and water intake. Did I heed them? Not really.
I already mentioned being up to 220lb quickly but tuesday of last week. I continued to fight with the carb devils all week. I sort of ate good some of the days then would plow through twinkies, cookies and more oreos and lots of bars at the store. The same ones I had been avoiding for months with no problem suddenly jumped in my hands and fell out of the wrappers and into my mouth.
By Thursday, I was 230. We went to Asheville for a weekend off from the grind. We both deserved it. It was her birthday weekend and I had a big surprise other then chocolate cake. My bloat sored even higher as I ate proabablly 6-7k in calories per day with 2000 being pure sugar. When I fall off, it is bad. This was the worst ever. I continued with the cardio in the am foe 30 minutes and bumped my water to 2 gallons. This was good but I also bumped up the sugar as well. On thursday, when I ordered the cake for her birthday, they had lots of goodies including Knosh cakes(i think that is right) anyhw, they are pudding cakes with chocolate icing. I got two of them knowing I did not need them. I scarfed them down before I was out of the parking lot. I then went home a finished off some cookies and doughnuts.
We had a great dinner in Asheville topped off eith 2 big slices of cake after I proposed to her. She accepted before I could get it all out. Meanwhile, my stomach bloat continued to grow. I grew alarmed but coul not stop the carb madness. I had got a dozen Dunkin doughnuts chocolate hole and 6 misc doughnuts. When we got home, I ladi aorund in stomach pain as she talked about wedding plans. We went to bed around 10 or 11 and by 2 I was up eating the doughnut holes and two or three doughnuts. My stomach ached again but I still wanted more to eat. I passed out finally and slept great. Upon waking we went to breakfast and wouldn't you knwo it,they had mini cake doughnuts there too. Two plate later and a waffle gone I am in pain again.
We visit the Biltmore Mansion in Asheville. Its 175,000 sq feet of nothing but excess and gluttony built in the 1890s by th Vanderbilts. There are 250 rooms and we went through all of them. We take a picture there and I look drunk or high.
After that we stroll thorugh the Viilage shops and stuff our faces with Mexican and cake when we get abck to the room.
Sunday would be the same except I manage 45 mins of cardio on the stepper at th e hotel. I manage slow it down by limitign the number of meals but continue to gorge at each meal-cookies, peanut clusters, cashew clusters. Dinner is oreo doubel stuff cookies and Moose Tracks ice cream. I
Monday, i regain control and eat good all day. I whine to Dave and Shelby about my bloat. Dave's has me beat-he went from 233 to 286 in ten days. I manage only to get to 240, so only 35 lbs of bloat from the show. My ankles are the same size as my calves and my hands won't close like the old days at 300lb. I look like a fat Hulk. Both tell me it will subside after 10-15 days. Tuesday I wake up and sure enough it 's come down some. I do 50 minutes of cardio and start my diet back up. Eating clean already makes my stomach feel better and all systems begin to operate smoothly.
Damn fine week with the Sugar Devils though. I will train some Wed. It will feel good.

No comments: