Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saturday, Sunday and THe SCB Powerlifting Team Results

I did not get a chance to train Thursday as I intended to do. I forgot I had scheduled a client to train so that was out. I did 25min stepmill and 25 ins stairmaster Friday mornind and that was it. Saturday most all the the SCB PL Team were in a meet in Rock Hill so I had to get up at 5am to get some cardio in and some what I call getting in shape training. The whole last month of the BB show work was rep stuff and low energy work at best. So I did aoubt and hour some change of:-Spud Inc Hangin abs(these are awesome by the way. Supercomfortable and zero flex or movement/swing making it all ab work) supered with ab wheel 4x8 each-Dumbell oblique work worked from 65s to 105sx8 per side.-Incline. Did several 8 rep sets up to 275 just to push blood and get my body used to it again.-Alteranting KB floor press working up to 62sx10 per arm, then double burnouts on each set-Push up bars for some tri work 4x12-Took a purple band and ranit through and med ball with handles, then hooked it to a weight stack and did stanind rows. You have to do these slow and very controlled or the momentum of the weight stack will make it bounce to much. 5 sets x 10 reps. Each set too about 2 minutes.-100lb fat bar curls super with seated row curls to forehead(be careful on these, you will hit your self on the head the first time you do them) 3 rounds of 8 per set,
By now, it was time to get ready for the meet. I took my shower at the gym and waited for Leah and Chanusey to come get me. We know the meet director well and she wanted to lift so she sends me a text that sheis going to do the meet and they have to leave early.NO big deal. Barry and Karl are going alittle later so I call both of them while I wait. Time goes by. I got stuff to do anyhow, so I dos that. More time goes by. Now, Barry is notorious for being late to everything so I don't worry about it. Finally about 9am I call him. Oh we left early around 8am! What! You are never earlyI tell him. I was counting on a ride so I could get reaquatinted with the Capt after the benches and not have to drive home. Thi is not how I wanted my Saturday to go.
Rock Hill is only a hour and some change away so I jump in the truck and roll on up. I grab a pack of gum, my food, a nasty energyshot by NOBS nutrition(250mg of caff, b6/b12) to keep me up. It is terrible tasting and doe not go with my 8 pieces of gum that I chew at one time but its a good bump. I get up there right after 10am. The meet is slow and does not start for another hour so all is well.
We have 13 people in it and that makes up 2/3 of the meet. Usually there are 30 or 40 people in this meet, but SCB is well reprsesented today. Lots of work for me but Dale, the Angry Troll, Chauncey and Barney Rubbleand the now early and ontime Barry and Karl are there so it's is notso bad handling them all.
The day rolls on and everyone hits PRs on all or at least some events.PR totals, PR squats, benches, even PR deads! Nobody bombs out. I hae never been to a meet with some many team members all hitting great numbers. I am so proud and happy for the entire team! It was just a fun day for all and of course we took all the trophies home!Fantastic job guys!
The meet director bought pizza for everyone and it drove me insane all day watching everyone eat and eat and eat. Dalebert made up for me by eating a entire pizza by himself. I hated him at the moment but it was well deserved and someone has to carry the Fat SPud tradition on. Besides he PRed on his bench by 30 0r 40lbs. I got some Diet Coke and Capt MOrgan about 230pm I think. It was not as good as I anticipated but I pushed it down like the Champ I am. I tried hard but it was a weak effort and I could only drink a quarter of it so by 5, my faint buzz had gone and I did not want anymore anyhow. The drive home was filled with pit stops at the rest areas and thoughts of food and denying myself. I finally decided that it was not worth it and I wanted to enjoy myself I was going to. Like everything obessive complusive in my actions,it would run its course soon so I stopped at the store and got a few goodies to eat after my salad. The salad is still the one thing I really enjoy for supper. I ate alittle here and there and was quite happy about the team doing well, the cookies and the 10 hour of sleep I got Saturday night. This would be my mantra if someone asked me what was best in life like Conan. Spud, what is best in life.
-THe whole powerlifting team PRing in one day-A bag of cookies-10 hours of sleep
GOOD SPUD!
Sunday I got up early and did 7 laps of sled and some lowerbody work that consisted of:-Standing ab pull downs with the ropes supersetted with one arm cable obliques 4 rounds of 8 per set.-one arm snatches 5 per arm. started with 44lb and worked up to 72lbs.-Super setted double cleans with front squatsStarted with 36lb and worked up to 62lb. 5 reps per clean and 8 per front squat.-Did overhead barbell squat off a box for 5 sets of 8 reps.
The cardio was not over as I had to go home and cut the 6 foot graas that had grown over the past 3weeks. A extra hour of work never hurts and the reese cups made it all better.

No comments: