Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Saturday Show Part 1

Alot of the same stuff rolls on into Saturday morning. I have breakfast scheduled to hit the door at 7am. Lots od pancakes, sausage links and honey for the pancakes. But that is 7 hours away. after teh 1145 feeding, I lay back down for a two hour nap and war dreams. Nothing but fighting and struggling. Wake up in a panic abot 130 and of course check to see if I flat or not.
Sure enough, I see flat in the mirror. Now this is really insane to stare and pull on skin and check and recheck. After my surmizing of flatness, I gobble teh sweeet potatoes down, rice cake with pb and additional muscle sandwich not on the menu, I am somewhat satisfied. I lay down again and promply pass out until 330 am and repeat the paranoia and eat all plus two muscle sandwichs. I am full but wash it down with a splash of water. 5am rolls around, I rererecheck it all and only take in the recommended dose of rice cakes, pb and sweet potatoes.
I manage to stay in bed this time till the knock on the door at 7am. The pancakes are huge and there are six of them. I eat 4 and save teh rest for the prejudging. I could not have finished them as the lack of wter made it hard to get them down. The sausage links were awesome though.
Off to the show. The promoter has a mandatory meeting at 830 so we get no time to lay down and besides, anxious Spud can't wait and thinks time will speed up somehow just because he wishes it. Pissed off Spud get verypissed off at the other Spuds and cusses him out and anyone inteh way. We stop at the Piggly Wigglyfor something for the show and Thirsty Spud talks the otehr Spuds's into a some Coke. The usual 6 ozs. This is one moment all the Spuds enjoy adn for those few seconds of 3-4 small guzzles, all is okay. As soon as it's over i am told to pour the rest out. I stare at the bottle for a few seconds and imagine finishing it off. I do not and pour it out adn stare like it's a million dollars I just gave away.
We get there at 815 or so and wait for over a hour for teh mandatory 830am meeting. Ths part resembles powerlifting. during the wait I hammer the other pancakes with pb ans sweet potatoes. At 930am we get the meeting like 1 minutes. Nobody wants to hear any of this. We just want to get on with the thing.
The prejudging is swapped around with the back of pack(the light heavies, heavies,etc going first. At the night show, it is the reverse so suck ass for all the Spud's. But getting through the prejudgin is all i want right now. the prejudging in most cases is where the standings are called by the judges for teh show.The night show is all fluff.
Following this is oil up and pump time. This is where some guys sprays Pam cooking oil on you to glisten you up. He wears gloves and we exchange pleasantries as he sprays me, then pats the oil to even out the sheen. This is the smelling like a biscuit part I talked about yesterday. This is also a serious test of your manhood getting oiled up and 'patted" down by a unfamilier dude. It goes well and I head off to the pump up room as it is called. It should be, don't bust your ass or drop a weight on your toe room. It like being on a frozen pond or at the roller rink for the first time. I do as mcuh as I can stand, lots of band curls, front raises, tricep ushdowns and a few other things adn that is all I have the energy for. Oh, and right before I got two reece cups. Something I had not had in months. They were goooood. This would be my final fill up against flatness before the prejudgeing.
We get out there around 1030 or so. I have never done this before so of course I am first up. They have lines on the outside where yo are suppose to go until they call you till the middle. I go to the middle and then Tre runs me over to the side where I am suppose to be. We all line up with our imaginary lat syndrome(even though we reallydo have lats), we stand puffed up ready to pretend strike whoever comes at us even though now of us have the energy to fight off Grandma whuppin on us. We do are then called for the quater turn. It is always to the right and all during practice I looked in the mirror and truned left each time. I could only hope I could remember right quarter turn means to the right.
We roll through that. I have alot more supporters there then I thought. I hear blow out, chest up, tight abs, hamstrings from all over the audience. That part makes you feel good. There was a ton on support for everyone. Then it comparasions. This is where the calls are made. I get called out twice. What this means is your postion onthe stage, center(1st), right(2nd) left 3rd is the usual call when this happens. I had no clue and just stepped in the middle and then got the look from the eventual overall winner that I was in the wrong place. He was good about it though adn I kindly stepped over some. After some more poses, I started shaking as I had wore myself out quickly squeezinf my quads too hard and them shaking my I was havin a seizsure. Luckily, they called it as I flet my legs giving out.
Next up, my 60 seconds of making it up on the fly. Essentially, I just moved from one part of the stage to the other hittig the mandatory poses all over again. Lots of support and advice from the audience and that was greatly appreciated. The end comes and all I want to do is get out. Pat one is over. I catch a rumor floating that I am second. At this time, all i could tihnk about was laying down. The Wifey says I did great but she is the Wifey and they say that if you have shit running down your leg. But that is the general concensus from everone I talk with. Nice but al lI want is a end to this.
Part 2 and the finale tomm.

No comments: