Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Saturday Show, the End Part 2

Lunch time and leaving is great. I am still half there, half not there but the worst is over except the wait till the night show. I report progress to Coach and get the green light for a double cheeseburger adn fries and 6oz of Coke. This is all I really want ans am not hungry at all at this point. But you have to keep shovelong it in.
The end of the prejudging takes a weight off me some and I realx momentarily as we walk to the truck. By the time I get to the truck, some of crap comes back but i breathe deep and realize it is not that important but day dream about the Coke.
We go to Ruby Tuesdays because it is right across from the hotel and they have good hamburgers. I walk in and all stop to stare but just like the tater adjustments in my drawers all morning, I don not give a damn. We sit down adn get drinks and she gets them on her side. I get a splash of water but hold off on the Coke since it is the most important thing in the world right now but stare at it like it's love at first sight and the Coke is the hottest thing I ahve ever seen.
I get my palin double cheese burger adn force it down with some fries. I have never had to force a burger adn fries down before but my stomach and mouth do not want it. I get 3/4 of it down and chug my coke plus a extra guzzle before i throw it back across the table. i get a palin burger to go for later before I head back to the show.
She drops me off nd head off for a party with her family in Edisto which is a small beach a hour away. Dalen Waylen come down for the night show adn to keep me company. We watch Olympic volleyball for as long as it is on. All we can say is how great the asses are on these chicks. I try to nod in adn out with my cpap and eye mask on but it is a no go. I am just wide awake but wanting to sleep for about 10 days straight.
I shovel more sweet potatoe in with a muscle sandwich to "keep me full adn hard" around 230 or 3pm. Then the long long wait continues on and on. Sue iss running late getting back but I call Tre and he says no big deal since I won't be going on till 930 or 10pm anyhow. Sue gets there at 515 adn we do some comp tan touch up. I have a few spots but my color is good and I am caring less and less.
We get there around630 and a another 60z of Coke. Damn that was good. Then the eternal wait is on. I BS for awhile in the auditorium with a gu from Georgia who is also right next to us at the hotel. Weird how that works sometimes. He was a very nice guy and was also shoicked it was my first show. The wait goes on..
I take my stuff back to the sauna room we are in. Bunch of dudes hanging out like a PL meet only staved, tired, thirsty and half dead. I find a spot in the back. They have a couch back there but it is turned away from everyone to discourage protan smears everywhere. I forgot to mentions the floors all around the room, hallway and pump up room all have tarps on them to prevnet slippage and excess protan from getting on everything. It is basically like a oil spill the whole show between the Pan cooking spray adn protan. I feel endagered everytime I get up which is often as time goes by like summer school or outside working with your dad all weekend when all your friends are playing wiffle ball.
I plant myself down and begin the long wait. I engage on some small chit chat because that is all you can do. I talk with tehguy who go on to win the show andtell him this is my first show. He can't belive it either and was amazed at my conditioning. I tell him two hours plus adayof cardio for 4 months will do that. I don't think he did 12 weeks worth but if you are already in shape it's alot easier then starting at 35% BF. We both go blank and i stare at the Coke machine in the back because I have no choice sitting onthe sofa. Delicious Coke...
All the chicks, bantams,teens, Masters 35 and over, Junior go first. Why didn't I pick the 35 and over catagory. Same reason I always go open in a PL meet I guess. Lay it all on the table and see where you end up. It is a long two hours and I get up every fifteen minutes and walk around. Dwon by the stage at the botttom is the exit to the back. The A/C unit is rigth there and the breeze is awesome plus it is very dark. Perfect lounging place. Almost cavelike. I come and go for teh next two hours. I hide two chairs down there-one to sit in and one to prop your legs up on. I was told over adn over to keep the legs up and rested. No problem on this one.
Finally, I see the last of the 25 catagories of fitness, figure, one piece, two piece go by adnd i begin prep for the finalle. It's back to the Pam cooking spray and oil guy. He was really nice about it all but it was still strange to me. I am glistened as much as possible and go to the pump room and do my little routine. It's mostly just practicing the mandatories because I have no routine but it's still fine as it is almost done. I go back and forth to the abck stage and the pump room and dude room in my bananna hammock. Lots of adjustments and tucking , retucking I am ready enough and get called out for the night show. I pick Diesel Power by the Prodigy which was also picked by a few other people. But that does not matte either. I bopt my head to beat and come out, stopping a t various points on stage adn hitting some poses. Nothing special but the crowd enjoys it and I get lots of appaluse for my effort. 60 seconds goes by fast this time and I am done.
Momentarily, we all come out for the light heavies(light heavy at 194, that still makes me laugh) We line up accordingly and sure enough I get 2nd place. I throw my arms up adn enjoy the moment. It is a great feeling just knowing what I have done and and hung in there for 10 months, low carb, no carb, hig carb,med carbs, not many cheat days. good days, bad days, two hour cardio, three hour cardio. It matters not the placing but that is gravy. The moment when it all comes together is one fo the greatest feelings you can ever have. I made a choice and finished the job. That is the most satisfiying thing about it all.
I get back stage and immediatley call for the water but as I am dialing I look up and Dale is handing me a quart of water. I guzzle it immediatley adnd refill in the back. I have been warned numerous times not to drink or eat to much so I only drink 2 quarts and several diet cokes. This way I will not bloat too much. the body will absord everything especially if you have been depriving it for a very long time. I did not want to bet that bloated Jerry Lewis face like I had been taking too mcuh Prednozone.
Unfortunately for me, it was about 1030 wehn we walkes out and all the pizza joint were closed except for Pizza Hut. No choice now. I get a large cheese pizaa and stop at the convienence store to get more Diet coke and a bag of Sweet 16 powdered doughnuts. It was the only ting I wanted, just plain ole sugar and more sugar. My stomach is full already from the water and Diet drinks. I only get down 3 pieces of pizza and half thebag of doughnuts. But they were good...
I am wide awake and everyone else is dead. dale cuts out adn Sue goes to bed. i stay up for about 2 hours and try to hit the bed. I wake up at 3 am and finish off the doughnuts. I am starving but go back to bed remembering th warning. At 6am, i can't sleed again and goe the Pig for more cake doughnuts and diet cokes. I munch onthis knowing that breakfast will be around 800 or 830 and letting the tired Wifey sleep is more important. The doughnuts from the Pig are evn better then the Sweet sixteen ones from just a few hours ago. This would go on all day after we ate a nice room service breakfast of omelets and toast with jelly. Shortly there after , my stomach hurt all day but everytime it subsided, I would devour more cakes till it hurt again.
By this time, I felt like I had been drinking for 3 days straight and had the most massive hangover of my life. This would go on for two days before it let up. I bloated quickly on MOnday to 210, with mostly water and 220 by Tues. I deciced to clean up my food again throughout the day and do some cardio on tues(only 20 min), Wed i upped it to 25mins. I will have to eat clean during the day and cheat some at night till I level off with the water. Apparently, the severe water depletion screws with the hormones that regulate salt and water control adn this maybe a week or two before I adjust and drop off again. Great for me.
Hope you enjoyed my quest. Final thoughts tommorrow.

1 comment:

John Staford said...

Damn Spud, I never thought you had it in you...I thought you enjoyed the powerlifting lifestyle too much. Binging to add another 50 to our squat. You obviously have severe discipline and pain tolerance to get through what you did. Great job on your first outing in the (what most powerlifters consider) the dark side of lifting. I hope you continue your new mission for a while and become a monster in the sport. Great job.